BENEFITS OF DRINKING LIME WATER
* Drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day provides a number of health benefits.
* Drinking lime in your water provides you with antioxidants.
* Limes are a good source of magnesium and potassium.
The human body is about 60 percent water, so it comes as no surprise that water is important to your health. Water flushes toxins from the body, prevents dehydration, and keeps you energized. It’s essential to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day, including water.
Lime, a type of citrus fruit, is an excellent source of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your body by preventing or stopping damage caused by free radicals, or chemicals that harm cells.
Limes are also a good source of: POTASSIUM AND MAGNESIUM VITAMINS A B C AND D
Other benefits include:
* Rejuvenates skin
* Several skin care products claim to promote healthier, younger looking skin. But you don’t have to spend money on expensive products to improve the smoothness and appearance of your skin. Limes contain vitamin C and flavonoids, the antioxidants that strengthen collagen. Drinking lime water can hydrate and rejuvenate your skin. Vitamin C and flavonoids are also found in some topical skin care products.
* Improves digestion
* Drinking lime water improves digestion. Limes are acidic and they help saliva break down food for better digestion. Additionally, flavonoids in limes stimulate secretion of digestive juices.
* If you suffer from constipation, the acidity of limes can clear the excretory system and stimulate bowel activity. And if you deal with frequent heartburn or acid reflux, drinking a glass of warm water with 2 teaspoons of lime juice about 30 minutes before meals may help prevent reflux symptoms.
* Fights infections
* Your risk of an infection is higher during cold and flu season. If you want to stay healthy, sip on lime juice throughout the day. The vitamin C and antioxidants in limes can strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off infections such as the cold and flu virus. It may also shorten the duration of an illness.
* Helps with weight loss